Friday, October 23, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Just popped on quick to post. I have been very busy, but it has been fun busy. Had a fantastic lunch with some great friends yesterday. Today has been helping my MIL make wine. We had picked, cleaned and crushed the grapes 11 days ago. They fermented in big pails until today when we pressed them, then added sugar water to the juice and put it in the oak barrel to turn into wine. It was interesting and very fun. We also got to taste some of her wine from 2003 when we had lunch. I am sitting down and resting for a bit before we go to the birthday party for a friend's little girl. There will be even more friends, fun and some fabulous mexican food. More festivities and food tomorrow. I will probably weigh 2 tons more by Sunday.

If we get home from the party in time, I am going to try to make some goat milk yogurt tonight so it will be ready for breakfast. I am so excited, I almost can't stand it. I hope it turns out good. My friend gave me some more of her honey from her bees for us to drizzle on it. I can't wait to try it. Yes---I am weird and it doesn't take much to thrill me. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment