Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cayennes are drying...............................


I finally got the rest of the peppers put up this week. I got the rest of the jalapenos cleaned and in the freezer for poppers. I also got the cayennes strung up on some fishing line and hung to dry. I was going to borrow my friend's dehydrator, but instead I decided to use my MIL's method. Due to having 2 rambunctious inside cats and also having a damp basement, my choices for spots that were dry and safe from attack were limited. Hence, we hung them from the ceiling fan in the livingroom. It does look pretty silly, and DH has almost hit his head on them several times, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. When they are dried and crushed and DH is happily eating them with everything, it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment