Monday, March 15, 2010

still alive

Well...............I am still alive, in case anyone reads this blog and is wondering. It seems as though time is just slipping by so fast. I think about blogging and the next thing I know, it's a new day and I still haven't written anything. That is pretty lame from a person who hopes to be a writer----lol.

Things have been very tough here. The economy has majorly affected us, as it has so many, many people. Even when provision has been less than needed in finances, I have been super blessed with many wonderful friends who have offered an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, laughter to brighten my day and other blessings to make life a little cheerier.

One of my sweet friends is named Debbie. She has such a sweet countenance and is so much fun to spend time with. She has many hobbies and interests such as bee keeping, weaving her own cloth, knitting and such. I went to her house for coffee last week and she made this wonderful honey and vanilla lip gloss to share. Yesterday when I saw her she had some extra eggs for us. Her hens produce more eggs than her family can always use, so we are blessed to get the overflow. She has several different breeds of hen that produce several different colors of eggs. They were so beautiful that I took a picture of them. It almost seems a shame to eat them, but I never let a little bit of shame keep me from eating---lol.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have good friends that make this period of economic difficulty easier to handle. I love your spirit. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete